- SEEING THE LIGHT: Does vitamin D have a role against COVID-19?
- THURSDAY 9TH JULY FROM (GB) 18.00 - 19.30 HRS
- Germany 19:00 - 20:30 h
- Is vitamin D more important for our health than we thought and does it have a protective role against COVID-19?
- Our expert speakers will review the emerging evidence in an educational webinar.
- Click below to find out more and register for this event:
GMT-Time = Germany + 1h
- 18.00 Welcome (= 19:00 in Germany)
- 18.05 Antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory actions of vitamin D
- Professor Martin Hewison (Chair), Professor of Molecular Endocrinology, University of Birmingham
- 18.20 Vitamin D nutrition in the COVID-19 era
- Professor Susan Lanham-New, Professor of Human Nutrition and Department Head, University of Surrey
- 18.35 Vitamin D and acute respiratory infection
- Professor Adrian Martineau, Professor of Respiratory Infection and Immunity, Queen Mary University, London
- 18.50 Vitamin D and critical illness
- Professor David Thickett, Professor of Respiratory Medicine, University of Birmingham
- 19.05 Questions and panel discussion
- 19.30 Event closes